Fooendship Fooendship

Love the art style here, especially the choice of dark blue outlines with the yellow-brown palette. The story is a little sad, I think, but also a little funny. What's with that creepy round thing a the end, going all postal and becoming inarticulate? It's not easy being honey mustard, I gather. But his true destiny around here would probably be sitting in the back of a fridge until he expired. Everybody buys that stuff in order to show how willing they are to 'try new things,' but nobody ever eats it. Seems there's just never a time where mustard or honey by itself wouldn't be the better choice. Well, maybe glazed ham or something? But then again, you could just mix honey and mustard yourself. Oh, the senseless tragedy of superfluous food combinations. I can empathize, fully.

BillPremo responds:

Thanks for the review. I was once told that brown and blue is the saddest color combination. I had a lot of fun with the color in this.

ChipMunk & BearMunk ChipMunk & BearMunk

Thanks for uploading this - I find it incredibly funny :D

OverTonesOfLevi responds:

No problem man! I had lots of fun making these as a kid! Thanks for the message!!!

Nyan Cat - Genre Hopping Nyan Cat - Genre Hopping

This is high art!

Space Octopus Madness Space Octopus Madness

Madness indeed :-)

Theropods Theropods

Excellent short game. The art, the animation, the music, the limited number of choices all work together to create a great experience. Played it and felt like I had just discovered a new secret area in Monkey Island or something :-)

The Awakening RPG The Awakening RPG

You get 5 stars from me for pulling through after working for years on this game! Good job!

I like the atmosphere and interface. Since you also ask for critique, here are some ideas fo improvement:
- Please don't make CTRL the Run key. CTRL + W closes the window in Chrome browser, which meant that after customizing my character and getting to play the game for the first time, it suddenly shut down when I tried to run up. Normally I wouldn't reload a game after that experience, but I did in this case just to come back and comment.
- Please give some directions or a map - with nowhere specifically to go, and no record of where I've been, I feel like I'm walking in circles in the forest after 5 minutes. The battle interruptions are enough to disorient me.
- There is noticeable lag, which it should be perfectly possible to prevent.
- How to open the save game menu should be explained early on.

Well, just my two cents. Once again, good job.

RockLou responds:

Thank you so much for the in-depth review!

The running is already fixed. I have thought about this before and you convinced me - now you always run. You cannot toggle running.

Directions come sometimes throughout the story, when I figure the player may need help with directions. There aren't any in the beginning because I thought it was easy enough to find your way.

I wish I could fix the lag, I have tried to. But nothing I did was ever enough. You may fix it by pressing F1 to change the quality to low.

You might be right about the last point. But I was hoping people would find the 'save game' and 'main menu' in the inventory pretty easily.

Game mockup #3 Game mockup #3

Looks pretty awesome. Was this game ever finished?

Qunit responds:

unfortunately it never really did begin :(
Will design for code!

Chadhiyana: ItCoS Chadhiyana: ItCoS

Interesting to look at. I like the linework, your palette, and your use of contrast.

JMDeSantis responds:

Thank you. I'm happy to know so many people like this piece. Hopefully it'll entice a few to click over and start reading the graphic novel web-comic.

Dark Souls 2 - Forest of Fallen Giants Dark Souls 2 - Forest of Fallen Giants

Nice style - initially reminded me of that old Amiga game called Moonstone. For constructive criticism, I think you could make the legs a little longer compared to the upper bodies, and work a bit on making the swords more realistic. The fire also seems almost dark instead of being a light source - maybe a bit of orange reflection on the armors will do the trick. Still great work though, keep it up :)

bluemagma responds:

Well, it was intended to be a concept screenshot, so stuff like lights are only done with post-processing, the faint glow that's around the bonfire. Thanks for the CC dude! ;D